Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Need your suggestions for eye surgery
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Need your suggestions for eye surgery

I am 25years old and since my childhood i am wearing glasses or contact lenses. I have very high myopia -17 right with cyl -2.5 and -16 left with cyl -2.5. To make it even worse i am a professional software engineer and i work before computer for almost 9-10hrs daily.

Now i am seriously considering for a eye surgery to get rid of contact lenses. I am healthy and donot have any diseases. So can u plz give your suggestions

and also one more thing.. Can u suggest a good eye doctor or clinic in Memphis so that i can get my eye examination. I think my power must have increased becoz when i went for my drivers license test i failed becoz of the eye test. I couldn't read the letters.

ur help is highly appreciated and valuable to us

Related Discussions
failing the drivers vision test at the DMV does not mean that your power increased.  it could mean a bunch of things, but you cant assume that it means increased myopia.  what it really means is that you need another eye exam.

you are not a very good candidate for any 'eye surgery to get rid of contact lenses'.  you cannot have LASIK or LASEK or PRK or RK b/c you are too nearsighted for any of that.  you probably cannot have 'implantable contact lenses' (phakic iols) b/c of your astigmatism.  you might could have toric clear lens replacement, but you'd need reading glasses and would not be able to 'focus' for near work anymore w/o help from glasses.

you're just not a great candidate for any of that.  your best best is probably contact lenses, which you are already doing.  i mean i'm not telling you 'no', but i am telling you this wont be easy, and you're not a great candidate for any of those, and its likely that none of those will get you 'out of' glasses and contacts, which is what sounds like your goal.

Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979