Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Numbness in eye, blurred vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Numbness in eye, blurred vision
Hi, I have had a strange sensation in my left eye. The outer side of the eyeball itself has a numb feeling to it. My vision has seem blurry in that eye also. However when I blink the blurrd spot in my vision seems to move around. There is no pain.
The numbness is very annoying. I had my husband look at my eye and when I look to the far side he can see what looks like a burst blood vessel in the area that seems numb, but it is so far back I can't see it myself in the mirror.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?
A related discussion, eye blur / numbness/ roughness when waking at night was started.