Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Pain in right-eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Pain in right-eye
Hello
In the past week or so I have been having a disconforting pain - like it's sore - in the right-eye (in the upper inside area). When the eye is stable it doesn't hurt but when I rotate up and left it hurts quite a bit. There are no other symptoms outside the pain - the eye looks normal compared to the left one.
I've been spending much time in the computer cause of uni papers and reports and when I'm not doing that I'm reading (not in the computer) books for the exams.
I also have a sinus problem but it's not bothering me now.
Should I consult an ophtalmologist?
doesnt have to be an ophthalmologist.  you could go to an optometrist.

most likely scenario is refractive error, but the much rarer "bad stuff" like glaucoma, tumor, etc cant be ruled out until you get an eye exam.
Forgot to mention the sinus problem is an allergic one and seasonal. I don't have it now.
I have been to an optometrist last thursday for a contact lens check-up and everything was fine... so not to worry right?