Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Pulsing spot when going from bright light to dark

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Does anyone else have these symptoms? I've had them for 4 years and can't find anyone else with the same thing. All of the below happen in the same area of my right eye:
Started early to mid 2001

All of the following occur in my right eye, at about 3 o
My daughter is having  similar problems as you are describing. In the dark she sees flashing flights similar to strobe lights until she moves into the light. Even in the light she sees the flashing lights just not as bad. With her first child she was diagnosed with optical migraines when she gave birth to her daughter those went away. With her second pregnancy she started seeing  flashing lights, snow ,sparks of light and so on. She has been to the eye doctor twice and her physician  who stated her eyes were normal. Her eye doctor also suggested she have a tox screen which she did the results were normal.
Anyone have any idea what is going on with her and the rest of you please let me know.

truly,

joanna
George......I have the same thing going on with my left eye. When I blink I see a grey spot for a second. It look's like I had a flashbulb flash in my eye. If I look at the sky I see a grey spot...sometime's it's there and sometime's it's not there. I am going to an MD next week to see what this is. I also have floater's , optical migraine's and this is not any of those! Gina
Oh my goodness!!  I am so glad to have found your posting.  I have been having the same problems for several months now and am so frustrated.  I have a small pulsating flash of light which I see when I rub my eyes and also when I go from bright to dark light.  Some days it happens almost constantly and then some days not at all.  I also see a spot (like from a flashbulb) in front of my eye.  This is constant.  I also see it when my eyes are closed and in the dark.  I went to an eye dr. who told me there was nothing wrong and not to worry.  I had a follow up appt. yesterday and came home in tears because he again said he couldn't find anything.  He said the spot was a floater and would go away in time.  I know it is not a floater and it is not going away - it is getting bigger.  I want to get another opinion, but am frustrated a 2nd doctor will tell me the same thing and make me feel like I'm just crazy. Not sure what to do at this point.  Would love to hear ir you come up with any answers.  Good luck!

Lynn
I'm having similar problems too and the doctors keep saying that everything is okay, but my eyes are getting worse.
Hi there,  I just got involved in this website.  I posted my first entry on Nov.05.  I have very similar problems with grey area, flashes on with a halo effect, fades, but never goes away.  very scary.  it has been 2 months now.  my retinologist says he can see a tiny bubble in the back of my eye and calls it central serous chorioretinopathy.  It is supposed to be related to stress,  and supposed to go away by itself, but can return.  However I also have eye pain, mostly in the same eye, but also in the other eye: does anyone else have this?  My doctor says this condition affects mostly men, aged 25 - 50 and is related to type A personalities, but I am a middle aged woman.  let me know more,  thanks, wendy