Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Questions about Dry Eye
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Questions about Dry Eye

I recently went to the optometrist to have an eye examination as i was experiencing eye problems. I was check for glaucoma and my IOP was normal. He also dilated my pupils to see if i had an retinal/tear issues. Everything was fine. After i told him my main symptoms that i experienced most(itchy, gritty feeling, watery eyes). He diagnosed me with moderate dry eye. There were a few more questions i had but didnt get ask my optometrist. Ive had a little concern and ive been wondering if these other symptoms could be related to the dry eye.

1. Does dry eye cause tired eyes? It seems when i put my eyes to any kind of work, mainly when im on the computer. They seem to get tired quite fast and causes my vision to become blurred.

2. I wake up every morning with foggy filmed vision. It usually clears up after blinking a bit and washing my face. Could this be something else or mpart of the dry eye?

3. I was giving lubricating eye drops, they seem to calm the dry eye temporarely. How long does dry eye normally last while being treated?

Thank you for your time.