Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Really weird - Air comes out of eye....
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Really weird - Air comes out of eye....

For many years, I have noticed that, when I blow my nose, particularly if I am really stuffed up, no matter how lightly I blow, I feel air come out of the inner corner of my right eye. It is nothing that really bothers me very often because I am rarely stuffed up, but I am just getting over a cold, and so I have been blowing my nose (or trying) more often.

What causes this? Is there some sort of hole in my sinuses? Is this serious? Could this cause any other symptoms like floaters, lightheadedness, or dizziness? Is there anything that can be done about it, or is it even worth worrying about?

Thanks in advance for the information.