Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Recurring optic neuritis with no MS symptoms
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Recurring optic neuritis with no MS symptoms

My wife has been having attacks of optic neuritis since she was 11, which was 16 years ago now. So far she has had 9 attacks in total, but they seem to be getting closer together, and now she has it in both eyes at the same time. In the last few weeks she has been going through a lot of tests (again), including MRI, Lumbar puncher, multiple blood tests etc. and so far nothing has been found.

In addition to optic neuritis, she also gets migraines on a regular basis which we are convinced are connected. Also, I have no idea if this is linked, but our 6 year old son has recently been diagnosed with MD (It's been a bad year).

One other thing about all this is the only treatment for optic neuritis is steroids, which was used on her first ever attack, however she was allergic and didn