Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Red itchy eyes, feel dry and white liquid coming from the outer corners...

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Red itchy eyes, feel dry and white liquid coming from the outer corners.
For the last year and a half, i have had really sore itchy, red eyes, it seems to get worse on the evenings, but it feels as though i have grit under my eyelids, and there is white liquid that comes from the outer corner of my eyes.also i cant stop blinking, its rellt annoying me. i have used conjunctiviits drops and tear drops from the pharmacy, but nothing helps them, i have been to the eye infirmary twice, and they have given me them drops i said above aswell, but they havent helped at all, its relly worrying what could the problem be?
answer below
If you are not doing lid scrubs you should start.  Get a wash cloth wet with VERY warm water, set it on your eyes, leave it until it startes to cool.  Then put a dab of baby shampoo on the corner of the cloth, run it under the warm water to dilute it some then scrub your eyelids.  Do this 2 to 3 times a day for 2 weeks, then you can cut back to 1-2 times a day.  This may need to be a daily habit.  You probably have Blepharitis.  The oil glands in the eyelids get plugged up and infected.  This should help.  Good Luck,  Lu An, COT
you really need an eye exam.  could be allergies, dryness, blepharitis...
A related discussion, White Liquid Coming From Outer Corners of Eyes was started.