Seeing through prisms
I am a 32 yr old female and for years have had my eyesight interupted by blurred vision.  It comes out of nowhere and it is like looking through prisms..it starts out on one side and then makes a complete circle...kind of like looking through a tunnel of prisms.  I have been to the eye doctor about this and am told it is nothing...perhaps migraines- however i do not get any painwith it it just stays gets really bad to the point it scares me that my vision is going to stay this way and then fades slowly away.....please give me some kind of explanation.
sounds like ocular migraine to me.  you can have a migraine w/o pain.  "migraines" are *NOT* defined by pain, they are defined by localized blood vasculature dilation or constriction.  pain is just a COMMON side effect.

what you are describing sounds very much like a form of migraine.
Yep.  Inherited it from my Dad. also called "painless" migraine.  It is scary, even tho' I know what it is and I know it goes away.  I even get it sometimes when I'm driving!  Now that is frightening.  fortunately you ususally have time to just sit back and pull over, if driving, or just get comfy and wait for it 5to disappear.  It is quite pretty.  I would like to know if you also get bad headaches and nausea that is not associated with the prism?
A related discussion, seeing prisms was started.
A related discussion, optical migraines was started.