Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Smokey Foggy Vision
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Smokey Foggy Vision

My problem is that every time i enter a new room it looks like it is filled with smoke. people think i am nuts but i always ask everyone if they see smoke. I also feel like there is something filmy on both eyes. I am only 27 years old but have had 4 kids in the last 4 years. I attribute the decline in vision to tired eyes because i sleep very little. My night vision is also declined and driving at night is becoming more difficult. I always had 20/20 vision growing up. Could it be something more?
Related Discussions
have you been to the eye doctor?

the smokey vision (only when entering a dark room) doesnt sound like a complaint i have heard very much before...
4 Comments
Blank
no i haven't been. i don't have alot of available time which is why  I need to know if this could be serious.
Blank
no, i doubt it is emergent.  especially if it only occurs when you go from the bright light into a darker room.

but even if its not "emergent", it could still be "serious".  problems with light adaptation *could* mean retinal disorders like retinitis pigmentosa, etc.  i personally doubt thats what you have, but it is within the realm of possibility and no one will know one way or the other w/o an exam.
Blank
the smokey vision isnt from light to dark its the opposite actually i guess. i guess whenever the lighting changes, but night vision is deteriorating as well.
Blank
You know, it's always wise to make time to get something like this checked out properly.  I mean, your vision is fairly important to you.  Without vision, you will have a lot more time on your hands.

Like the doc said, it's probably not an emergency, but if you have noticed a change get an exam.  It could be the very beginning of something that might benefit from early detection.
Blank
A related discussion, Smokey vision when entering a room was started.
Blank
A related discussion, foggy vision was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
7 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank