Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Smokey Foggy Vision
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Smokey Foggy Vision

My problem is that every time i enter a new room it looks like it is filled with smoke. people think i am nuts but i always ask everyone if they see smoke. I also feel like there is something filmy on both eyes. I am only 27 years old but have had 4 kids in the last 4 years. I attribute the decline in vision to tired eyes because i sleep very little. My night vision is also declined and driving at night is becoming more difficult. I always had 20/20 vision growing up. Could it be something more?
Related Discussions
have you been to the eye doctor?

the smokey vision (only when entering a dark room) doesnt sound like a complaint i have heard very much before...
4 Comments
Blank
no i haven't been. i don't have alot of available time which is why  I need to know if this could be serious.
Blank
no, i doubt it is emergent.  especially if it only occurs when you go from the bright light into a darker room.

but even if its not "emergent", it could still be "serious".  problems with light adaptation *could* mean retinal disorders like retinitis pigmentosa, etc.  i personally doubt thats what you have, but it is within the realm of possibility and no one will know one way or the other w/o an exam.
Blank
the smokey vision isnt from light to dark its the opposite actually i guess. i guess whenever the lighting changes, but night vision is deteriorating as well.
Blank
You know, it's always wise to make time to get something like this checked out properly.  I mean, your vision is fairly important to you.  Without vision, you will have a lot more time on your hands.

Like the doc said, it's probably not an emergency, but if you have noticed a change get an exam.  It could be the very beginning of something that might benefit from early detection.
Blank
A related discussion, Smokey vision when entering a room was started.
Blank
A related discussion, foggy vision was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank