Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Spider Web over eye.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Spider Web over eye.
I am a 32 year old female. The past couple of weeks I have had something over my right eye that kindof looks like a spiderweb. I can see through it but it is right in my sight. I also have started noticing what looks like a stroblight going off in my eye. It's very distracting and I have no idea what it is. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank You DeAnna
you need an eye exam quickly.  this sounds like recent onset of floaters (the spider web) and recent onset of FLASHES (the strobelight).  it is possible that you could have:

1) retinal detachment
2) retinal hole
3) retinal tear

among other possibilities.  if you are having a retinal detachment, time is of the essence.  do not wait.  go to the eye doctor today, seriously.

i am not trying to panic you, but some of the things that cause those symptoms are serious sight-threatining conditions.
Thank You for your advise... may I ask what kind of eye doctor do I need to see and do I just explain it like I did in my ealier statement?
any eye doctor is better than none.  but you might be better off seeing a retinal specialist 1st.  problem with that is many insurance companies/hmo's wont let you see the "specialist" w/o a referral from your primary provider 1st...
thank you again... could this be part of another problem I'm having with getting very dissy that I will be walking and just start to fall over to the side?...I don't have eye insurance... all I have is medical... so I guess I'll just go to my eye doctor and start there... thanks again....
A related discussion, Spider Web was started.