Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Still worried about broken blood vessel

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Still worried about broken blood vessel

Thank you so much for your reponse to my first question.I asked you if its normal to have a broken blood vessel after eye surgery. I had a pigmented lesion removed. Well, im still concered because the red spot that remains is exactly where the lesion was and its been two weeks and it still looks really red like I just had surgery. After my surgery, half of my eye was red and every day a little bit went away but this same spot. It hasnt even gotten lighter or smaller. I went for my post op ck last friday and they gave Vigamox,Lotemax, and Systane. Will this help? I know you told me it takes 4-6 weeks to clear but all the red has cleared except this spot. Im afraid its going to be perminent. How long before I know if its going to be perminent?
yes, all of those will help.  you wont know what will/wont be permanent for at least 6 weeks.
Thank you! But if it is permanent, can I have it removed? What can i do?
i doubt your redness will be permanent.  but if it does happen to be permanent, no there is really no good way to remove it.