Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Sudden "cross-eyed" Vision
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sudden "cross-eyed" Vision

Yesterday, I had a sudden onset of unclear vision that reminded me of when you cross your eyes. I had no control of it, and could only see, somewhat correctly, if I covered up either eye, one at a time. It wasnt necessarily blurred vision-it was more like my eyes werent acting in sync and therefore were sending wierd signals to my brain. I couldnt "see striaght". I went to the ladies room, covering one eye to walk, and then stared into the mirror and after 5 minutes or so, things were better. I never actually saw that my eyes were crossed. There was no pain. It hasnt happened again since yesterday but I am concerned it may be a symptom of a more serious problem. Could it have been a fluke nerve twitch, similar to a random leg cramp or something? I am otherwise healthy (22 yr old F) though did have a Lasik eye procedure done 5 years ago-which has "wore off" and I now wear glasses. Thank you or any help at all.