Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Temporary blind spots in vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Temporary blind spots in vision
About three times in the past year and a half I've developed a temporary blind spot in the vision of both of my eyes. It's the same sort of feeling as when you've been looking into a light and then look away. It kind of fades in, grows (but never takes over my whole vision), sticks around for ten minutes or so, and then fades away again. Any thoughts???
ocular migraine is the most likely scenario.  fairly benign.  but other things are possible (itraocular pressure spike, for example), so you need an eye exam.
One day I had a pain in my eye which my eye doctor thought was sinus pain.  A strange light appeared in the 2 o'clock position of my right eye.  After a few days something happened and my central vision went in the right eye.  My vision is also blurry.  Gets better, gets worse, but not that I don't have to wear my glasses.

My blind natural spot got bigger and whilst monitoring it on the Amsler grid, I noticed that it changes shape, it gets bigger and smaller.

My left eye developed an extended blind spot which also changes size.  Never getting small enough though!

I started getting blind spots apearing around the top part of my vision in my left eye above the central vision.  But now my worst fear is coming true.  The blind spot is developing in my central vision of my left eye.

These blind spots are like swirling water, they seem to be a sort of greeny colour.

I've been for many tests and no-one seems to thing anything is wrong with me.

I am highly myopic and I have had LASIK.

I seem to have the symptoms of Intercranial Pressure.  Also Got a real problem with night vision.

At last I know I'm not the only once facing at least one of my problems.

Can anyone help?