Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Uneven eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Uneven eyes

I have noticed that I have uneven eyes (my eyes do not line up straight; one eye is noticebly higher than the other eye in photographs and it looks 'goofy'). It is not anything in my eyes. Its my actual eyes (eye sockets). Is there anything I can do about this problem (there seems to be no information on this when I searched the internet)?  It's kind of embarassing.
Although there are probably many causes, is what you're noticing a change from what is normal? If you look straight ahead into the mirror, can you see the white above the iris of your eye? Does one eye appear to lag behind the other when you are closing your eyelids? Do you have any unusual dryness, tearing, etc.?  If so, you might want to check into some information about Thyroid Eye Disease. Hope this helps.
My eyes are the same way. Always have been. Ive been curious about it too, but havent found anything about it so far. If I run across anything I'll post it here.
when i look into the mirror, i see dat my left eye seems to be slightly smaller then my right eye but i have no problem in seeing things. it's just dat it looks funny. i want my eye to look equal size. do i need to do any surgery for that and if so approx. how much will it cost? And is there any place in utica where i could get it done?
My left eye is smaller than my right one.  I've had more problems in my left eye in the past, but I do not believe it to be related to the size of the eye.  Additionally though, I had a scleral buckle placed around the left eye two months ago to repair a detached retina.  The buckle is very wide and changes the shape of the eye to the point where it is visibly much different than the right eye.  This is very distressing to me, because now my eyes look very different in shape and size.  Any information on what could possibly be done to improve the appearance of the eyes would be greatly appreciated.  It is very hard to find information on this type of problem.  Thanks to everyone.
A related discussion, vertically uneven was started.
A related discussion, I think I found it! - enophthalmos was started.