Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Weird arcs of wavy light, dots of light
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weird arcs of wavy light, dots of light

Hello!

I went for my eye check-up about two weeks ago, I have received a new prescription for my glasses etc, same routine stuff. I told my eye doctor that I had black spots in my eyes, he told me it was 'floaters' and aren't harmful.

Anyway my question is, occasionally I see what I can best describe as a small line of light that moves down (more like 'wiggles'), not in my direct line of sight, just to the north (rarely in same spot). And also, I have been seeing dots/specks of light (not flashes), just like a single pin ***** of light (not alot of them). I really don't know if its my imagination or if I am really seeing it as they only last for a split second. (I am sure I do see the 'lines of light', just not the specks). The lines of light tend to happen when im on the computer, while the specks are totally random.

I am VERY paranoid about my losing my eyesight. Any ideas on what can cause this, or if there is anything wrong in the first place? I am a 23 year old male.