Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
White drainage outside corners of both eyes
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

White drainage outside corners of both eyes

I have a white drainage that comes out of the out side corners of both eyes. It is not every day, but comes and goes. This is something i have had for the last couple of years. I do have allergy problems but it usually doesnt affect my eyes. When my allergys (allergies) are not bothering me i still can have the drainage. Also this drainage occurs during the day, I have never woke up with it. Other then that i would consider my eyes normal with no other problems. If i get dirt in my eyes or have a little normal morning sand man deposits this is always on the inside corners. No glasses or contacts. Does this sound normal, is it maybe an eye allergy, or something i should have looked at? Thanks Jan
Related Discussions
well it does not sound DANGEROUS to me, but no one is going to know what it is until/unless you have an eye exam from an eye doctor.

"white" discharge is usually thought to be associated with bacterial infection...HOWEVER...i personally think a bacterial infection is a little bit unlikely in your case given your symptoms.  bacterial infections usually dont occur in both eyes at the same time, and they have way more symptoms: redness, swelling, blur, light sensitivity, etc etc.  but you are ONLY complaining of discharge.  so i personally doubt this is bacterial related.  but again, no one is going to be able to know exactly what it is until you have an eye exam.  yes, it could be allergy related, even if you dont think allergies are "affecting your eyes".
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979