Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Worried About Tiny Dots

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Worried About Tiny Dots

four months ago i was playing game on my ps2 at night and suddenly something happen to my eyes so from that time i am seeing floaters and black & White dots ????
[Can Anyone Explain me about flashes light]

And my job is to seat half of the time in the computer
because i am webdesigner and fashion designer so i have to stop this thing ? and days by days i feely very bad and very worried about my eyes and i seeing some whites and some very tiny blue blobs or like tiny stars moving all around the moniter or plain surface or sky moving and shaking lines

and when i close my eyes i see some black dots walling down and sometime anywhere

when i seat on the pc i see some white spots or blue spots stuck in anywhere of the screen and it dissappear in few sec and some stay for 20 to 40 mins

i went to 2 doctor there said it will go away and gave me some drops name? "and said that it will increase some times and decrease" it this true"

and i See some groups of tiny white&black dots stuck in the middile of the eyes where ever i look i see the groups of dots rimming and at night i see them very much

anyof this is the sign of danger or any other stuff !

man, i need a 'bullet' on this new forum b/c this same question comes up over & over & over again.

black dots: could be 'floaters', could be an entoptic phenomenon called 'scheerer's phenomenon':

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon

you probably need an eye exam.  no 'drops' will get rid of either of those  sometimes floaters are dangerous, but most of the time they are not dangerous.
I am not a doctor but maybe one of the doctors will respond as well.

My question to you is: Are you seeing these floaters when you are NOT looking at a white or plain surface like a sky?

If you are ONLY seeing these tiny blobs and streaks when you are staring at a sky or a white screen then this is NORMAL. EVERYONE on the planet with normal eye function has this and there is nothing you can do about it. Some people notice this more than others. Sometimes it's especially prominent in people who never noticed it before but all of a sudden notice it one day.

It is called blue field entopic phenomenon or Scheerer's phenomenon. Copy and paste this URL into your browser to learn more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon .

If you are seeing floaters in your field of vision when you are NOT looking at a sky or plain background then you may have floaters which are usually benign or not dangerous but warrant an eye examination.
"My question to you is: Are you seeing these floaters when you are NOT looking at a white or plain surface like a sky?"
Yes This is Some Kind of Sign please Help me
can u explain me about the flashes light how it looks like
and some time i feel very much dots [can u give me u yahoo or msn ID ]
There is much more I can say then what the doctor already told you. If you are seeing dots and NOT looking at a white or plain light background then you should go to the eye doctor. Is it serious? I don't know and no one on the Internet will be able to tell you this. You need to go and find out from a doctor. I can just repeat what the doctor said. Most floaters are not dangerous but in rare cases they can be so just go to an eye doctor and find out.

Probably just floaters though. No big deal so don't worry until you have something to worry about!

Flashes of light are not floaters but they are also usually not serious. I get the flashes of light from time to time and for me it's like three quick flashes of light when I move my eye in one direction. I'll also get a floating light that blinks. Been to the eye doctor and nothings wrong. It's been there for a while and I'm still alive with no progressive symptoms so I'm not worried about it.
Hey Dude Can u give me urs yahoo messenger or msn messenger Id So I can Chat with u !!!!!!!!!!
Please ...................
i Went to the doctor today and he told me that u eyes are perfect no

problem but i am worried about the small dots appear where ever i look i

told to the doctor he told that it will go away

And CAn u give the answer step by step as i wrote one by one please ....

"i am very worried" please help me and give some good answer ?

Thank u
What About my answer
does it will increase in future or not or it will stay as its is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Will increase or it will stay as it is?
How LOng It Will Stay?
How Bad Floaters can be ? " Look Like "
Hey man, I went through all this.
AIM = sandnamek if you want to talk about it a little.