Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
Yellow dots in vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Yellow dots in vision

Yesterday woke up with some little circular yellow watery looking dots in my vision. they are all in the same area and I can only see 2 of them after a while.  They are really noticeable just as I wake up but seem to disappear soon after.  I can see them clearly when I blink.

The day before, I put my contact lens in and for some reason the solution (which I never have problems) with seemed to cause my eyes to sting and hurt for about a minute I'm wondering if they are related.  Also some sweat got in that eye and caused it to sting on the same day.

I can see though the little dots but they catch my attention quite.  Could this be an infection or abrasions

luckily I have an opthamologist appointment in the next week

As always I would be grateful if you can shed some light on this.

thank you

roto
no.  not related in any way.  the spots are not infectious or contagious.  none of that sounds dangerous to me in any way.

1 Comment
I forgot to mention that the dots are only in the eye that was stinging