Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
bulging eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

bulging eye

hi, again.  i went to the same opthamologist about my left eye and they had done a c/t scan 2 wks ago.  how likely is it to be a tumor?  i know c/t isn't as accurate as mri, so what is the likelihood that they would've found it?  not likely? what if it is a small tumor? it seems to have bulged a bt more now but he never said anything since a month ago.  do tumors grow fast or slowly?  it seemed like at first the bulging happned ovcer  night and i know that sounds stupid but it did!  should've i had a mri done instead?  and what's the likelihood of a tumor?  what else could it be and should i see a neuro?thx!
you have asked me these exact same questions in previous threads.  literally the exact same quesations.  w/o being rude, this is getting to be a little tedious.  go read my responses in the other threads.
Go to a teaching/research hospital and have specialists do all kinds of tests for you.
Have you had thyroid testing? Not just a ESH which most physicans run but also  a free t-3, free t-4, TSI & TPO. TSI & TPO are antibodies for an auto immune attack against your thyroid. Sometimes thyroid eye disease will present before any other symptoms.

I haven't read all your past posts but you need to either see your regular physican or another family phusican if your doctor isn't listening to you.  Also see a opthalmologist, which is a physican who specializes in eye disease.

Either condition that you mention above would show up on a cat scan beleive me. I have thyroid eye disese (disease) & a cat scan is the only test they have ever done as far as radiology. If your bulging is caused anything medical it is probably in the early srages, so try to calm down & follow up if your symptoms progress. I doubt that an MRI will be of any benefit at this time.

If it is thyroid eye disease the worst thing you can do is get all worked up & stressed out because it will make it much worse.

Blessingd,  TJ
janicea,
Why do you want something to be wrong so badly.  If you have seen that many doctors & received a good report from all of them, I would be counting my blessings instead of cursing the doctors. Alot of people would like to be in your shoes...
janicea,

Yes, a cat scan would show if there was anything behind the eye to make it bulge. I have bulging & the thyroid eye disease was confirmed with a cat scan. You do not need an MRI...
Like I said in the prior post... time will tell if the bulging increases or there are other symptoms...there is nothing there now.  Possibly your eye has always been that way & you are just now noticing it.

Blessings, TJ