Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
causes for scotomas

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

causes for scotomas
hi again
just wondering if you could list some possible causes of small scotomas in the central vision that are not visible to the eye doctor,
thanks
not visible to the eye doctor and not measurable by any test?
not many.
yes, that is what i have been told, but no-one has mentioned the names of any actual conditions/diseases that might correspond.
it's very frustrating and worrisome.
i guess that means serious stuff is ruled out???
pretty much...
Hello Jane -
So, you have no detectable retina problems, and a field vision test has not detected any blind spots, but you think you have blind spots anyway?  Why do you think that you have scotomas?  Do you have any other symptoms?  You have been dialated,right?  And you have passed the forty point field vision test with no missed spots?
Hi Jane,

What type of scotomas are you refering to? If you scroll down the list to a post made by myself on 07/22/06 you'll see a post titled "Blind Spots". Read it and see if your symptoms are similar. There is another person who shares this same unexplainable situation with me. I am wondering if your symptoms are close to ours.

Flashy57