Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
causes of orbital myostis

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

causes of orbital myostis

my pcp diagnosed me with orbital myostis. i have had 2 bouts with it in the last 5 years. my symptoms include severe pain above my eye and forehead and extreme sensitivity of the eye. The areas above and below my eye, including my eyelid become extremely swollen. he treated me with oral steroids which seemed to take care of the symptoms but he does not know what causes it. i have suffered from seasonal allergies my whole life and my eyes become very irritated, a common symptom of seasonal allergies. i noticed that each time i developed o.m. i had rubbed my eyes over and over because they were irritated, does this have anything to do with it? please help!!!

Tags: irritable
Avatar n tn
repeat question.  please see answer in other thread.  please try not to post the same question twice.