Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
computer vision syndrome questions
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

computer vision syndrome questions

Hello, I have a few questions about computer vision syndrome.  during the past year I have gotten numerous new visual symptoms.  I have had my eyes dialated twice in the past year.  Both of the doctors that checked my eyes said they were fine.  I spend all day every day in front of a computer.  

My light sensitivity has gotten so bad that when I look at someone or something and within a few seconds of looking at them there is already a burned image of the person or thing in my vision that I can see on a wall.  I see a flourescent purple color on the edges/borders of things I look at.  Also at night I see random colors flash in my vision.  I also have an anxiety disorder diagnosed by a doctor, and from what I have read anxiety can cause strain on the eyes as well.  I was just wondering if the computer vision syndrome I am assuming I have, combined with eye strain from anxiety, can be causing these visual effects I am describing.

Thanks in advance.