Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
computer vision syndrome questions
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
computer vision syndrome questions
Hello, I have a few questions about computer vision syndrome.  during the past year I have gotten numerous new visual symptoms.  I have had my eyes dialated twice in the past year.  Both of the doctors that checked my eyes said they were fine.  I spend all day every day in front of a computer.  

My light sensitivity has gotten so bad that when I look at someone or something and within a few seconds of looking at them there is already a burned image of the person or thing in my vision that I can see on a wall.  I see a flourescent purple color on the edges/borders of things I look at.  Also at night I see random colors flash in my vision.  I also have an anxiety disorder diagnosed by a doctor, and from what I have read anxiety can cause strain on the eyes as well.  I was just wondering if the computer vision syndrome I am assuming I have, combined with eye strain from anxiety, can be causing these visual effects I am describing.

Thanks in advance.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
'I was just wondering if the computer vision syndrome I am assuming I have, combined with eye strain from anxiety, can be causing these visual effects I am describing. Thanks in advance.'

probably not.  computer vision syndrome causes headaches, eyestrain and blurred vision from accommodative spasm and convergence problems.  it *DOES NOT* cause: photophobia (light sensitivity), photostress (persistent retinal images), halos (purple around edges of things), etc etc etc.  what you describe is not CVS.

what you describe could be a neurological disorder, or a side effect of your medication(s).  but its not computer vision syndrome.

if eye exams have been normal, next step is neuro eval
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank