Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
eye problems and air travel

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eye problems and air travel
I have been advised by my eye doctor to think carefully about flying but he admits he has only anecdotal evidence from other pateints to suggest this. I have had a retinal tear, been diagnosed with a 'pseudo macular hole' (yes it exists) in my left eye and now have occular migraines. I am quite prepared not to use air travel in the future but would like to know if anyone else thinks air travel may be inadvisable in these circumstances and whether there is any hard evidence or websites that I should know about.