Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
floaters

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

floaters
how serious are floaters in the eye for someone who is 24 years old
usually not serious at all.  it depends on what is causing the floaters and how many there are/how large they are.  if you have 1-2 in each eye and they are small and your vision is not affected...then very UNlikely to be serious.  if you have 10+ floaters in one or both eyes, or very large floaters or vision loss, then thats probably really serious and needs an eye exam right away...
Hey tarheel23
just want to ask Do u see some tiny dots every were u look u see more on plain or sky etc.... i also got floaters in both eyes !!! so i am worried that i am alone to see all this stuff
just want to ask u
thank u
i see i floater in my left eye when i look at a white background or in daylight. I am about to schedule a appointment with the eye doctor. have you been to the doctors yet.
hitesh:

scheerer's phenomenon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_field_entoptic_phenomenon
different from floaters...
Blue field entoptic phenomenon are serious or they increase or harm the eyes please tell me i am so worried and does it will make as blind
I just got a eye exam and everything was normal. the floater I have is no harm at all.
this is what I have...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_floaters
Yes floaters are no harm just iritating!!!! the reason why you see them is because they are floting in the center of your eye and what you see is there shadow eventually they will float to the front of your eye and wont see them as often i have them in both eyes but not harmfull at all but you should have your eyes checked to make sure its not anything else.