Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
headache with certain new eyeglasses
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

headache with certain new eyeglasses

I have a very vexing problem. Recently I've purchased new eyeglasses from several different sources. Three pairs of eyeglasses cause a headache that doesn't go away after two weeks. Two pairs are fine. It is a new Rx. My eye doc said the base curve in new glasses must be copied from my previous ones, +3.75. But, the newest pair of eyeglasses I bought DO have this base curve and still give me headaches. What could be wrong? If the P.D. is off could this be the problem?

OD    -5.75      -1.00    X     005      P.D. 60
OS     -6.00      -0.75    X     180

The three glasses that give me a headache were very inexpensive, 2 of those ordered online. I had one of these checked at an Optician, and everything measures up, they're made correctly. But these cheap glasses I can't wear. I could get them remade, but I con't know how to change them.

One pair I did have remade with the base curve changed and a small +1.25 progressive added, and now they are fine. But the other two pair are unwearable. What could these cheap manufacturers be doing that is causing headaches for me?