Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
oversized stie
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

oversized stie

About a week ago I had a large stie on my left bottom eye lid now I have an even larger stie on my right upper eye lid.  I wash my hands, cover it with a hot rag and have even tried to pop it.  Please tell me how I get rid and prevent this from occering again
Related Discussions
how to get rid of it:  you're doing the right thing: hot compresses.  be gentile with squeezing on it.  if it gets really big or painful go to an eye doc and have them rx you something

how to PREVENT: "lid scrubs".  rub the "margin" or flat part of your eyelid thats right behind your eyelashes with a warm washcloth 2 times/day for awhile.
0 Comments
Blank
I do that every day!  It just feels good to be able to "scratch" that part of my eye every night after I take my makeup off.
Blank
A related discussion, Eyelid stie was started.
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979