Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
pain when eyes move

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

pain when eyes move

i have been having some pain when i move my eyes for 5 days now. i do not have any blurred vision or gray vision. can this be a sign of optic neuritis? I also had a lumbar puncture last Moday and got bad headaches 2 days later so I went back for a blood patch on friday, the eye pain came with the headache after the puncture, after i had the blood patch done the headache went away but the eye pain did not, the backs of my eyes I guess the muscles only hurt when i move my eyesh . Do you have to have more symptoms to have OP? thankyou for your help. ta   be
this is like your 6th optic neuritis question.  NO, you still dont have ON.
ON usually presents with excruciating pain in *one* (eye NOT BOTH), along with redness and VERY blurry (extremely blurry) vision in that ONE eye (not both).  it is usually obvious upon examination by an eye doctor b/c of "papilledema".  you either have it or you dont.  no eye doc would "miss" that. it is not pain that you only feel when moving your eye.  it is EXCRUCIATING pain in one eye that does not go away.

you have not yet listed any symptom in any post that would make me think you have ever had ON.

but if you are so concerned about it, please go see your eye doctor or talk to your neurologist or something.  posting here repeatedly is not helping you.  i am not telling you not to post another question, i am just saying that if you come back with another question next week...unless you have ONE very PAINFUL eye with SEVERE vision loss and redness...i am going to tell you again that you probably still do not have optic neuritis.
I am sorry if I irritated you with my question, you wont see me back here on this post, it truly is very hard to go through life being undiagnosed and always having problems that no one can answer. Once again, thankyou for your help.
oh im sorry!  i am not irritated.  i can be sort of blunt sometimes b/c i'm in a hurry.  i answer these between patients.

i truly apologise if i have offended you.  i re-read my post from earlier today and it DOES look/sound rude.  i am very sorry.

please still feel free to ask me questions.  i just dont think you have ON.

again...apologies!
Honestly, no need to apologize, I am the one at fault. I should not keep asking questions. I realize you are busy and I am very gratefull for this service, and again alot of people here are very frightened that they may have something seriously wrong that is being missed by DR's for what ever reason and we scramble for any tidbit of info we can get, i think most of us are looking for possitive replies because it makes us feel better. Well I will know on Aprill 18th if I have MS as I recently had a spinal tap and I am very frightened about it and its the other reason why I posted several questions here ,i was very happy with your answers and it certainly made me feel better just hearing from you.Thanks again for your honesty. have a great day. :)