Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
red spot in white of eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

red spot in white of eye

i have just noticed a red blood spot about 1mm in diameter on the white of my eye. my eye does not seem to hurt too much, but when i close it there is a slight sharp pain near the top of the inside of my eye(that may be a separate thing). what causes these blood spots and are they serious? i am a 23 yr old female.
Tags: irritable
1 Comment
Usually the bleeding is of no importance and will go in a few days but the fact that you have pain in the lid seems that you might have something in the lid causing irritation so it might be a good idea to get this checked out.
A related discussion, eye was started.