Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
seborrheic dermatitis around eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

seborrheic dermatitis around eyes

Hi there, I've had what the dr is calling seborrheic dermatitis of both eyes. It has spread to my scalp and ears. But my question is what else can be used to treat this around such sensitive areas as the eyelids and corners of the eyes besides steroids? I am currently on the neo/poly/dex opth. oint. I have to apply it every night to keep it at bay. Oh, I also do the warm moist washcloths to lids twice a day and clean twice a day with a Purpose-a mild cleanser. Do I have reason to worry about taking this strenght of steroid oint for such a long time (6yrs. now)?
hmm.  6 yrs is a long time for steroids, yes.  sometimes unavoidable tho.

elidel?  that would be my next step...
1 Comment
Thank you so much for the speedy answer. I'll mention it at my next exam. Take care and God Bless. tmv