Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
small gray shadow in front of the left eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

hi,

I am 24 yrs old from India working as a software professionla for last 1.5 yrs.

Since last couple of days i am seeing a grey shade in front of my left eye. It is something similar to the shade we see at a white colored paper or wall after a bright flash of light.

Not everything is looking blurred but it is limited to a small hazy circle around the south-west to the center of my left eye.

also i can see 3-4 tiny dots near my east of the left eye.

I am not able to recall if i had similar problem like this in the past. I wear specs for last 15 years and my right eyes is perfect with a vision of 6/6 but my left eye has a vision of 6/9.

I have tried some eye cleaning drops but no luck. Can it be because of lack of sleep of improper eating habits?

I have not visited an eye specialist yet but i am planning to visit soon.
FLOATERS.  they are inside of your eye.  no, it is not from lack of sleep or any eating habit.  you need to go to the eye dcotro and have them evaluated to rule out retinal detachment, holes, tears, etc (although most floaters are benign...but you dont know until someone looks)
A related discussion, small moving shadow in eye was started.