Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
small hard movable ball under eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

small hard movable ball under eye

a couple months ago I got some sort of infection in my left eye. It went untreated then I got a bump on my upper eyelid and then a larger bump along my lower eye lid if I pull it down their is a head on it.. I figured those two are styes started using erythomiacin jell in the eye not helping, and just yesterday started hot pack to the eye for 5 minutes a few times a day.. but now I was rubbing a little under the bottom one and their seems to be a hard movable very small ball it is moving right at the bottom of the eye socket where my eye and  the corner of bone near nose meets it I can move it all around up down back n forth now what could this be the hard ball again it is very small like the tip of a pencil. I'm freaking out and hoping you can put my mind at ease a little before I see my family doctor.
Avatar n tn
do not see the family doctor.  that wont help any.  go see an EYE doctor.  ophthalmologist or optometrist.

dont freak out.  most likely scenario is "chalazion", which is a super simple in-office minor surgical procedure to remove.  highly unlikely to be a tumor, etc.  

dont waste your time with your family doc unless you have to see him 1st to get a referral for the eye doc.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
thank you so much for your fast responce I'll make an appointment monday..
Avatar n tn
A related discussion, swollen lump on eye socket under the eye was started.
A related discussion, hard ball on bottom of eyelid was started.