Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
small hard movable ball under eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

small hard movable ball under eye

a couple months ago I got some sort of infection in my left eye. It went untreated then I got a bump on my upper eyelid and then a larger bump along my lower eye lid if I pull it down their is a head on it.. I figured those two are styes started using erythomiacin jell in the eye not helping, and just yesterday started hot pack to the eye for 5 minutes a few times a day.. but now I was rubbing a little under the bottom one and their seems to be a hard movable very small ball it is moving right at the bottom of the eye socket where my eye and  the corner of bone near nose meets it I can move it all around up down back n forth now what could this be the hard ball again it is very small like the tip of a pencil. I'm freaking out and hoping you can put my mind at ease a little before I see my family doctor.
do not see the family doctor.  that wont help any.  go see an EYE doctor.  ophthalmologist or optometrist.

dont freak out.  most likely scenario is "chalazion", which is a super simple in-office minor surgical procedure to remove.  highly unlikely to be a tumor, etc.  

dont waste your time with your family doc unless you have to see him 1st to get a referral for the eye doc.
1 Comment
thank you so much for your fast responce I'll make an appointment monday..
A related discussion, swollen lump on eye socket under the eye was started.
A related discussion, hard ball on bottom of eyelid was started.