Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
trouble focusing eyes after reading
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

trouble focusing eyes after reading

Hi, I wrote to this forum last week on behalf of my friend and decided to go ahead and ask a question about my own health. Ive recently found that after reading for a half hour or so , if i look up into the far distance my vision appears to be blurry.  objects don't seem as sharp as they do otherwise. I've also noticed that when reading my eyes feel as though they aren't focusing properly. I'm not sure how to explain this. Although i can read teh words etc, i feel as though i'm crossing my eyes. When i dont think I am. This inability to focus correctly also seems to be accompanied with the words on the page looking slighlty faded. I have spoken to my optican about this and after doing an eye exam he seems to think that my symptoms are all 'in my mind'.
I'm not sure whether this is correct? Could these symptoms be a sign of anything serious? Could they be related to the blepharitis i've been told that i have? (p.s these symptoms have been present for about 3-4 weeks and are also accompamied by intermittent headaches)
I 'd appreciate any information .
Many Thanks,