Eye Care Archive Expert Forum
what is causing my orbitoal myostis?

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

what is causing my orbitoal myostis?

my pcp diagnosed me with orbital myostis.  i have had 2 bouts with it in the last 5 years.  my symptoms include severe pain above my eye and forehead and extreme sensitivity of the eye.  The areas above and below my eye, including my eyelid become extremely swollen.  he treated me with oral steroids which seemed to take care of the symptoms but he does not know what causes it.  i have suffered from seasonal allergies my whole life and my eyes become very irritated, a common symptom of seasonal allergies.  i noticed that each time i developed o.m. i had rubbed my eyes over and over because they were irritated, does this have anything to do with it? please help!!!
Tags: irritable
it is highly unlikely that any rubbing of your eyes has ever or will ever cause your acute bouts of orbital myositis.  myositis is a poorly understood inflammatory condition.  you need to be under the care of an ophthalmologist.
How do you determine if your legally blind
Ive been told I have keratuconus and glasses wont help me see better. Its been over a year since my last eye exam and I havnt wore any glasses or contacts. To me my vision is worse I cant see details of people faces, drive, read unless its super large print. Everything is blurry its hard to watch tv or go the the theatre. I have to squint the intire time and besides my face hurting the squinting is becoming blurry too. My last rx was 60/80...please tell me im far from being blind?