Eye Care Community
" Squishy Eye "

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

" Squishy Eye "

As bad as I feel for you and your eye problem, I'M SO GLAD I FOUND SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM I HAVE !!

It started off as horrible headaches and now eye problems with me having this same squishy eye problem in my left eye that is driving me insane.

I've been to the Dr 10 times about this 5 different Dr's and the results have always been the same with no answer to what it is....

I've have tear ducts plugged ( upper and lower ) prescribed new nasonex nose spray cat scans  tear ducts flushed....Ive been through hell with this and still no answers to what it is.

Its only in my left eye and not only does it make a squishy noise but also when breathing is it feels like my eye is being sucked though my tear duct...it feels like air is somehow getting through there while breathing in and inside my eye area. I'm feeling extreme pressure in my lacrimal sac ( near the tear duct ) and lacrimal gland near my eye brow.

I'm so frustrated. If anyone knows anything about this PLEASE HELP!!! The Dr copays are adding up and I'm getting to the point of not being able to afford this anymore.

I don't want to live the rest of my life like this but almost feel like I have to with no one knowing what my problem is.

This discussion is related to Eye makes a squishy sound when rubbed and now smaller than other.
Dear Squishy,

I wonder if you have floppy eyelid syndrome.

Since you've been to so many doctors already, I'd try seeing an oculoplastic specialist at a university ophthalmology program. There are other possible abnormalities of your lacrimal system which they would have most experience with.
Thank you so much. I just looked up the Oculoplastic Specialist on Wikipedia.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculoplastics

This is exactly what I need. Why no one else has recommended this I will never understand but I appreciate you taking the time to do so...

I wish there was someone else on here who had the same problem that could relate to me and what I'm going through... It truly is a living hell and its getting worse and worse.

Thanks!!
Thought Id add this to my problem if helpful in finding out whats wrong with my eye ..

I have been on over the counter nasal spray for the last 10 years due to always having probelms breathing without it.

Could this have anything to do with the nasal spray possibly eating away at something inside my nose / sinus area where air can be getting trapped in my upper eye lid giving me headaches a lot of pressure in that area ?

How bad is this nasal spray Ive been using for so long ?

When visiting the last ENT Dr trying to figure out what my problem is, he told me right away to get off of the over the counter nasal spray and put me on something called nasonex. It works great but just costs A LOT more money.

Thanks!

Hi, I have the same type of issue going on, I have dry eye syndrome and have tear duct plugs on bottom tear ducts and on and off have the same squishiness on top eye lids right under brows that drives me crazy! It is sometimes one eye or both and sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not, but I have nasal/sinus issues too and get the pain and pressure right there as well.  It seems like the squishiness is more there when there's alot of pressure and pain there from sinus stuff not draining I guess and when I rub my eyes I hear the squishy sound like it's water there or air is trapped.  If you find out more please post it or let me know what the doctors tell you.  Thanks.
Not all the time but often when I rub my eyes, my tear ducts don't empty out and make that weird squishy noise. I'm not sure what it is. Hopefully, it isn't anything serious because it's been going on for a long time. And every morning I wake up with blood shot eyes. It's frightening. :(
I know how you feel. My right eye is bloodshot and i have varying degrees of blurred vision which seems to come and go, with no apparent cause?  I dont have headaches or migraines, and apart from a slight swollen sensation, there is no other obvious symptoms, but when i run my finger around my top eyelid, there is a distinct "squishing" sound which can be heard not only by me, but by others listening on? I am going to the optometrist this week to see if they can offer any explanation? I am 48 and in relatively good health, and this has only come on over the past 3-4 months?