Eye Care Community
gas in my eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

gas in my eye

I got gasoline in my eye.  I washed it out with water.  Is there anything else I should do?  Should I see a doctor?
It is always advisable to seek medical attention whenever these things happen. If you're still having complications, then it means something my be wrong or even a sign of an underlying condition or infection. Please check it out!
Take a shower, wash your hair and face, run lots of warm water.   From any drug store you can get artifical tears and sterile eye rinse. You can put these right on the eye to flush it and then every 15 minutes for a couple of hours.   If the pain is not bad and the vision not bad and the eye looks only a little red you can probably see how it does over the next 12 hours. Gasoline is not extremely toxic to the outside of the eye.

JCH III MD