1 year post lasik, is my dry eye permanent?
I had intralase lasik just over 13 months ago.

Pre-Lasik, I used to ride my bike about 10 miles a day to work and used eye drops very sparingly. I took a bike for a test ride about a month ago and after 10min (while wearing wrap around sunglasses) had to flood my eyes with eye drops.

Pre-Lasik I used to use eye drops a few times every week or 2. While the usage has decreased over the last month, I now use eye drops several times a day.

Pre-Lasik I used to be able to hang out inside a heated room or outside in the freezing cold or be the path of a fan or gusty wind and never had to reach for eye drops. Now I have to carry them around with me wherever I go.  

Pre-Lasik I used to be able to take benadryl to relieve my allergy symptoms. Sometimes I’d be on 2 pills a night for a week or so without ever having to use eye drops. I have not taken any benadryl since February of this year due to the effect it has on my eyes.

I am on Restasis since NOv and have noticed some improvement but my eyes still constantly feel dry. I keep hearing that dry eyes heal by 6 months. Seeing how I am more than double that, is it now permanent?
Read the article on this page under Today's Pulse about dry eyes. Restasis is a wonder drug for that problem but you have to be patient, 6-12 months to help most people.

JCH MD