Eye Care Community
1 year post lasik, is my dry eye permanent?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

1 year post lasik, is my dry eye permanent?

I had intralase lasik just over 13 months ago.

Pre-Lasik, I used to ride my bike about 10 miles a day to work and used eye drops very sparingly. I took a bike for a test ride about a month ago and after 10min (while wearing wrap around sunglasses) had to flood my eyes with eye drops.

Pre-Lasik I used to use eye drops a few times every week or 2. While the usage has decreased over the last month, I now use eye drops several times a day.

Pre-Lasik I used to be able to hang out inside a heated room or outside in the freezing cold or be the path of a fan or gusty wind and never had to reach for eye drops. Now I have to carry them around with me wherever I go.  

Pre-Lasik I used to be able to take benadryl to relieve my allergy symptoms. Sometimes I’d be on 2 pills a night for a week or so without ever having to use eye drops. I have not taken any benadryl since February of this year due to the effect it has on my eyes.

I am on Restasis since NOv and have noticed some improvement but my eyes still constantly feel dry. I keep hearing that dry eyes heal by 6 months. Seeing how I am more than double that, is it now permanent?
233488_tn?1310696703
Read the article on this page under Today's Pulse about dry eyes. Restasis is a wonder drug for that problem but you have to be patient, 6-12 months to help most people.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank