10 week old with eyelid swelling
My daughter is 10 weeks old and has had right eyelid swelling since birth. She does not have any drainage from this eye, and the swelling is not red. The eye appears smaller than the other one, but I'm not sure if this is from the swelling in the eyelid or not. Her pediatrician told me to "just give it time". But, I would think that if this was from birth trauma, the swelling would have resided by now? Her left eye is normal, no swelling in the eyelid at all. The creases in her eyelid are asymetrical. She has 3 on the left and 2 on the right, they are at different heights on the eyelid. What could this be? Should I insist on seeing a specialist? What kind of specialist would she need to see?
Thank you!
This is concerning. you need to see a pediatric ophthalmologist soon. If you live in the USA find one near you at www.aao.org

JCHMD
hi, i have the same problem with my daughter can you please tell me what happened with your case,did you see a paediatric opthamologist?