Eye Care Expert Forum
2 month old

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

2 month old

We just noticed that my 2 month old right pupil is not round. If looking at a clock it appears to be a straight line from 3 to 6 instead of curved. I went to the ped today and we have an appointment with a specialist next week. Any ideas what this could be? The eye moves and dialates fine and you only notice it when the pupil is large.  The doc said he didnt see it a week ago at his normal checkup.
Very hard to say without an exam.  I would recommend that you have your baby evaluated by a pediatric ophthalmologist.  It is possible that there might be an adhesion between the iris (color part of the eye) and the lens, to create the abnormal pupil.