Eye Care Expert Forum
20/200 vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

20/200 vision
The last time I had my vision checked, it was 20/200.  That was a few years ago, and I know it has gotten much worse. My vision is at 20/200 without glasses...so does that make me legally blind or not?  Also, what could be causing the rapid deterioration of my eyesight?...could I end up blind?
In order to be legally blind you would have to have 20/200 or worse in BOTH eyes WITH YOUR BEST POSSIBLE PAIR OF GLASSES.  If  you can see with your glasses on you are not legally blind - you just need strong glasses.

MJK MD
If you know that your vision is worsening, you need to see your eye doctor as as soon as possible. They will be able to tell you what is wrong. As the person above stated, if both of your eyes are 20/200 with best possible correction, then you are considered legally blind.

***@****
A related discussion, 20 200 in one year was started.