Eye Care Expert Forum
5 year old daughter seeing black spots and headaches

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

My 5 year old daughter just recently, the past week, complaining about seeing black spots and slight headaches.  I'm working on getting an appointment for the eye doctor since I just changed jobs and waiting for my insurance to kick in next week.  I'm trying to get an idea if this is something serious and I should not wait and bring her to the emergency room or pediatrician or what.  
It should be fine to wait a week or two as long as her symptoms don't get worse rapidly.  Check her vision daily by having her cover one eye at a time and have her read something (identify small pictures if she can't read her ABCs).

HV