7 year old with excessive blinking and rolling of the eyes, twitching

I need some serious help here.  I can't figure this out but my 7 year old son has been blinking a lot and rolling his eyes.  Sometimes the eyes go into like a heavy "focus" motion too and I'm very worried.  I noticed this blinking about 2 yrs ago and had his eyes checked out and the doctor said that it was nothing and the he had a habit that he picked up and that it would go away but now I'm seeing it more and it's becoming noticed by other people at school.  I have asked him if his eyes are dry or if they hurt and he says no but that sometimes they feel dry.  I don't know if that's even an honest answer from him to just have me stop asking but I've got him eye drops and they do nothing.  I watched him sleep last night and noticed that his eyes continue to go into blinking motion even with the eyes closed as if he was in an intense REM stage of dreaming but I think that the eyes are blinking and rolling still.  I'm confused and don't know what type of doctor to go to.  I don't want to draw too much attention to it or him but I'm very concerned.  Months ago I noticed that he was twitching his shoulders as if he "got the chills" type of shrug and when we brought it up to his attention, he said that it didn't hurt but it just happens.  After mentioning that we would take him to the doctor, it stopped but I notice that it hasn't gone away completely because I see that he still twitches his shoulders from time to time.  Even when he's about to fall asleep, his body twitches.
SO IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME OUT WITH SOME SOLID ADVICE AND TO WHAT TYPE OF DOCTOR THAT I SHOULD SEE WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

It breaks my heart everytime I see this happen!  He's a very smart boy and has a very normal life other than that.  I just want help on this and will not be able to sleep until I figure this out. I pray that it is not Tourette or anything else.  
A reasonable start for this problem would be to discuss with your pediatrician and also see a pediatric ophthalmologist.

JCH MD