7 yr old seeing spots of color
My 7 year old over the past month has been making very random comments about seeing colored spots.  

"Today Amanda had a blue spot on her face, but it really was not there."  
"My carpet has orange spots in my room, but they are really not there."  
"There was a yellow spot on the board at school today."  

Just out of the blue in a quiet moment she throws a comment out.  I am beginning to worry about her eyes.  Considering she is typically the witty and goofy one of my twins I at first let this go and with just a couple follow up questions like, Did Amanda have marker on her face? Did she wash it off? Her responce was just "No mom, it really was not there on her face.  My eyes were being weird."  

Sould I worry or see a dr.?  

Children are very very difficult to diagnose when they come up with stuff like this. Most times it represents an attempt to get attention, manipulate the parent or the like. HOWEVER it can be due to things like childhood migraine, eye disease or neurological problems.

I suggest you see a pediatric ophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org or ask your pediatrician to refer you.

JCH MD