ALT? (Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty)
I was reading an older discussion in this community where one of the writers posted that she had had ALT and it 'wasn't too gentle'.  I will be having ALT because that is what my provider is offering.  The practitioner feels that ALT is the most effective type (as compared to SLT) and I saw another discussion here with 'ALT vs SLT' etc.  Just wonder if anyone else has input to consider as I'm intending to have the ALT.  To have the SLT I would need to switch med groups and so on.  Naturally when I read that comment about 'not too gentle' it didn't help me.  Can anyone comment in a positive way on ALT either as a patient or doctor as to patient comfort, safety, etc.?  The practice I go to states  it is safe and effective if done correctly...... any input anyone has would be helpful.

This discussion is related to SLT vs. ALT.
In my opinion having done hundreds of ALT and SLT    the newer SLT is much better and safer. It does not damage the drainage area, is less likely to cause post laser spikes, and can be repeated. We no longer do ALT (had trouble selling out old laser) and only do SLT.

JCH MD
Thank you, Dr. Hagan, for the response.  
You're welcome.