Eye Care Community
AZOOR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

AZOOR

I am new to this site so please bare with me.

While reading the posts here I am curious.  I am the moderator of a support group on Yahoo with 17 women diagnosed with AZOOR.  We have all added information on our conditions and symptoms.  Would Dr. John C Hagan III, MD, be willing to review the posts?  I feel that comparing notes would be a step, (even if a small one) in the right direction to understanding the condition.    

Thank you for your time
Yatahay
I am so over-committed on time I cannot do any more (I' have large practice, I edit a Medical journal, I'm a father, husband, brother, grandfather). Dr. Kutryb and I have pledged to answer all the Expert Forum questions. I try and answer as many of the patient to patient questions as I can but the more popular the site gets (its one of the fastest growing on MedHelp.Org) the more impossible the time demands get.

JCH III MD
I have been diagnosed with AZOOR and would like to read the posts on this support group site.  I have been unable to find it.  Could you possibly send me a link?  ***@****   Thank You
If it doesn't come up on the search feature on this page II know its been discussed) then start your research with going to emedicine and reading the section on  AZOOR

JCH MD
I was diagnosed with AZOOR this year.  My vision is extremely weird but I do not give up.  The doctors don't know anything about this diease here in America.  I reached out to Harvard research Center for the eyes and the sciencist that I spoke had never heard of it and had to go to the internet.  I am frustrated as I am a healthly woman and never been sick a day in my life.  From what I have research on my own Japan and England are the experts on AZOOR.  I was told what is lost is lost, I continue to see double, I hate that.

Please share your thoughts!!!!!!!!!
I'd suggest that you try writing to the authors of the research articles, most of which have contact information.  (I sent emails which praised the article and contained a short summary of my history/symptoms/questions.)  You might be surprised at how many responses you will receive.  I have a different eye condition than you (in my case, it's retinally-induced aniseikonia), and the local specialists I saw told me to live with my symptoms, which included an eye that teared continuously and impending double vision.  I eventually found an effective treatment from a Dutch researcher.  Good luck, and don't give up!
I have no experience with a patient that has ever had AZOOR.  

I have no way of telling whether USA "experts" are as well versed in this as other countries.

You will probably need to do a literature search and see which institutions and countries have published the most on it.

JCH MD