Accommodation Spasm
Hello! I have a question similar to that posted by others who are not receiving adequate responses. I know that I have an accommodation spasm, first because it's subjectively pretty obvious, and, more importantly, because it was diagnosed by a good physician whom I cannot see (no pun intended) anymore. The ophtalmologist actually prescribed acetylcholinergic drops at the time to use sparingly when the spasm became very bad. I have moved to the United States since then, and the population here is served by "optometrists" who do not appear to have adequate medical training, and who are giving me advice that is opposite to what the premier ophtalmologist in my country gave me. She had been able to stall the progression of my myopia with her advice, but now I am getting opposite advice and cannot get the medication. What sort of specialist should I seek in the United States who would actually be willing to evaluate for accommodation spasm and provide adequate treatment? Optical prescriptions won't solve my case, because the actual optical defect is minor. :(

This discussion is related to spasm of accomodation?.
Acetylcholine drops actually stimulate accommodation.   Unfortunately you can use a drop that block the above drug but results in poor near vision.  I have used it  temporarily in certain situation.  See an ophthalmologist.

Dr. O.