Eye Care Community
Accommodation insufficiency
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accommodation insufficiency

My son is 9 years old and I recently took him to eye doctor. I took him because he has a visual auditory cueing deficiy and I felt vision therapy would help . He has problems with comprehension and doesn't want to read much. I was told he has accomodation insufficiency and that although he has 20/20 vision bifocals will help. Will the bifocals damage his eye sight if they are being used for accomadation.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
As an ophthalmologist (EyeMD), I do not believe in most vision therapy.  Insufficiency of accommodation is extremely rare.

Dr. O.
Blank
What is the treatment for the insufficiency, and what test is used to dx it. The question that I am concerned with is, if he already has 20/20 vision and I order the bifocals for the accommodation for him to wear will I be harming his eyes. He does have a processing disorder and Aspergers Syndrome. He is an excellent student but at the end of the day he is exhausted. He can answer anything verbally, but when it comes to questions he doesn't understand what the question is asking him. I was told that all these problems comprehension and the insufficiency  of accommodation are all related.
Blank
711220_tn?1251894727
I would suggest you take him to an EyeMD and have his accommodation checked.

Dr. O.
Blank
I did take him to an opthalmologist and that is what was suggested
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity