Accommodation insufficiency
My son is 9 years old and I recently took him to eye doctor. I took him because he has a visual auditory cueing deficiy and I felt vision therapy would help . He has problems with comprehension and doesn't want to read much. I was told he has accomodation insufficiency and that although he has 20/20 vision bifocals will help. Will the bifocals damage his eye sight if they are being used for accomadation.
As an ophthalmologist (EyeMD), I do not believe in most vision therapy.  Insufficiency of accommodation is extremely rare.

Dr. O.
What is the treatment for the insufficiency, and what test is used to dx it. The question that I am concerned with is, if he already has 20/20 vision and I order the bifocals for the accommodation for him to wear will I be harming his eyes. He does have a processing disorder and Aspergers Syndrome. He is an excellent student but at the end of the day he is exhausted. He can answer anything verbally, but when it comes to questions he doesn't understand what the question is asking him. I was told that all these problems comprehension and the insufficiency  of accommodation are all related.
I would suggest you take him to an EyeMD and have his accommodation checked.

Dr. O.
I did take him to an opthalmologist and that is what was suggested