Eye Care Community
After cataract surgery lens problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

After cataract surgery lens problem

After surgery I noticed a problem at night. As it became dark and the iris opened wider I would get double images. Especially traffic lights and as I approached then it would focus into one image. I have gone through numerous tests and Doctors it has been discovered an imprint of a surgical tool on the implant. The imprint is in the shape of a forceps and at the edge of the lens. This makes driving at night or other activities very straining on my eye trying to focus. what options do I have to correct this?
Do you get the double image just looking through window scree,try not been in a car coming to traffic lights,i find in cars through the window,because the window screen arcs  you get double image ,try sitting really high in the car partly standing bet it will go or if you walking to traffic lights,strange I knoew but it happened to me..
The lOL can be exchanged.  Make sure this is the problem.  Try getting a refraction with you eye dilated and see if this eliminates the problem.  

Dr. O.
When I have a refraction and the eye is dilated I get a ghost image of the letters I an looking at. If it is the letter L it is perfectly clear with a ghost or shadow image to the left of the original image. During bright light my vision in this eye is excellent. When dusk starts so does the problem start.  
Thanks Jay, But the problem exists in or out of the car. The combination of causes are the amount of light and distance. starting at dusk images will be double /out of focus. As I approach them they become single and focused. Same reaction if lighting become brighter.