After cataract surgery
I had cataract surgery in both eyes 5wks and 3wks ago.  I am seeing  20/15 in both eyes but I'm also seeing the outside edge of the lenses on the far outer edges of both eyes.  My doctor said this happens in about 16% of the patients.  What is this called?  negative something?  would you agree with this diagnosis?  Will it go away evenutally?  Why is it happening?   Please advise.  Thank you so much.  Joyce  Tierney
You should not see the edge of the IOLs unless the lens is decentered. Get a second opinion from another Eye MD surgeon on the cause and correction options of your problems.

JCH III MD
Joyce, what kind of lens did you have?  I have light flickering off the edge of my lens (Toric) which is very difficult to live with.  I'm also have a dark shawdow on that side of eye.  My doctor (and second opinion calls it negative dysphotopsia).  My surgery was also 5 weeks ago.  The placement was not the problem - for me - maybe in other cases that is the problem.  Difficult adjustment for me.

Laura
-------------------------
I have diagonal light streaks 6 days post op.  I have had them since the 2nd day.   Will they go away?  Does every patient have streaks so soon after the surgery?