Eye Care Community
Am I a candidate for LASIK ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Am I a candidate for LASIK ?

Hello doctors,

My name is Chris and I have a question which has been on my mind for a long time.

I am 25 years old.I had been myopic from the age of 14 or so.But I feared being teased about wearing glasses right from my childhood.

I hid the fact that i was myopic from everyone and never wore glasses/checked my eyes right from the age of 14-22.My vision has progressively worsened over the years and now I have a prescription of -8 diopters in one eye and -6 diopters in another eye.

I am finding it hard now with this strong prescription from two years  and I want to get it permanently corrected through LASIK.

Is it ok for me to go in for LASIK ? Provided I pass all my pre lasik tests,will the fact that I never wore glasses for many years make any difference  to me for being considered a good candidate for LASIK ?

Waiting eagerly or a reply.Thank you.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes you should see a lasike Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find a refractive surgeon near you at www.aao.org

No not wearing glasses will have no effect.

JCH MD