Am I a candidate for LASIK ?
Hello doctors,

My name is Chris and I have a question which has been on my mind for a long time.

I am 25 years old.I had been myopic from the age of 14 or so.But I feared being teased about wearing glasses right from my childhood.

I hid the fact that i was myopic from everyone and never wore glasses/checked my eyes right from the age of 14-22.My vision has progressively worsened over the years and now I have a prescription of -8 diopters in one eye and -6 diopters in another eye.

I am finding it hard now with this strong prescription from two years  and I want to get it permanently corrected through LASIK.

Is it ok for me to go in for LASIK ? Provided I pass all my pre lasik tests,will the fact that I never wore glasses for many years make any difference  to me for being considered a good candidate for LASIK ?

Waiting eagerly or a reply.Thank you.
Yes you should see a lasike Eye MD ophthalmologist. Find a refractive surgeon near you at www.aao.org

No not wearing glasses will have no effect.

JCH MD